The most flavorful spicy romesco sauce hugs this roasted chicken for the best (not boring) chicken dinner EVER.
Whole30 Roasted Chicken with Spicy Romesco Sauce
UGH you guyzzz. I die for this spicy romesco sauce. And when I say spicy, I don’t want to scare you. You can totally control the heat on this to your liking or omit the red pepper flakes all together. Whatever floats your boat.
Anyway, I used to work at this restaurant in high school and they would serve freshly baked focaccia bread with oil and a romesco-like dipping sauce. Again – YOU GUYZZZ. It was amazing. I can’t tell you how many times I squirreled away that bread and took home a little plastic ramekin of the dipping sauce to eat late night after my shift.
After college, my mom started making things with romesco sauce and I fell head over heels in love with it again. And then… I forgot all about it. UNTIL NOW. I have no idea how this idea came to me, but I was like, huh, we need an easy chicken breast recipe and BAM. I give you this, friends.
Just a tip – this works beautifully with roasted cauliflower. Just sayin’ (pop a sliced head of it in a 400 degree preheated oven with EVOO, salt, and pepper for about 30 mins.)
LET’S GET TO IT!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (increments & directions below in the printout – tip get everything out before starting!):
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Roasted red peppers – if you use jarred always remember to check ingredients!
Red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 roasted red peppers - jarred or fresh
- 2 large tomatoes
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes - more or less to your liking
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Add the roasted red peppers, tomatoes, almond meal, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse a few times.
- Measure the olive oil out and turn on the blender or food processor and stream in the olive oil until the mixture is smooth.
- Rinse the chicken, trim the fat and pat dry. Place it in a plastic bag or bowl.
- Add about half of the romesco sauce to the bag or bowl with the chicken and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to roast the chicken, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment and then into the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
- Serve the chicken with the remaining romesco for dipping or drizzling. Enjoy!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/miss.allieskitchen/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/missallieskitchen/
Pinterest – https:pinterest.com/miss_ak