This caprese chicken salad is packed with marinated chicken, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and balsamic. It’s an easy and healthy meal!
For the chicken:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
For the salad:
- about 8 cups lettuce – I like a mix of romaine, spinach, and arugula, but anything goes
- about 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls) or fresh, mozzarella, cubed
- about 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze, I keep this in the pantry pre-made, but here’s how to make your own
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- To make the chicken, place all of the ingredients listed under for the chicken into a bowl with a lid or a zip-top bag. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- To bake the chicken – preheat the oven to 400F and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165F.
- To grill the chicken – grill the chicken on medium-high heat for 10-13 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 165F.
- To saute the chicken – cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat for about 12-14 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 165F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside and allow it to rest while you prepare the salad.
- You can either make 4 individual salads or one big salad. Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil on top of the lettuce.
- Then, slice the chicken. Drizzle everything the balsamic glaze, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve!
- If you want to prep in advance, leave off the balsamic glaze, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and add just before serving.
- Category: Main Dish/Salad
- Method: Oven/Grill/Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1175 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
Keywords: caprese, tomato, chicken