Caprese salad can be an easy and festive appetizer if you make it into a wreath! Just decorate with plenty of fresh herbs and cherry tomatoes!
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes or 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced into about 1/4 inch pieces
- 24 oz. mozzarella, sliced into about 1/4 inch pieces (buy a big pre-sliced log if you can!)
- 1–2 pinches sea salt
- 2–3 Tbsp. balsamic glaze (right next to the balsamic vinegar in most grocery stores)
- about 10 fresh basil leaves
- about 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Lay the tomatoes and mozzarella in a circle on a large plate alternating between tomato and cheese.
- Next, sprinkle salt all over the tomatoes. Then, drizzle on some basamic glaze.
- Finally, decorate the “wreath” with basil, rosemary and cherry tomatoes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Small Plate
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American Italian
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 294 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
Keywords: caprese, tomato, basil, mozzarella, holiday, christmas