This summery chicken and strawberry salad is perfect with juicy grilled chicken, ripe strawberries, spinach, cucumber, feta and an easy, homemade dressing.
For the marinade/dressing:
- 3 oz. Priano Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 oz. Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- * 2 Tbsp. Simply Nature Organic Wildflower Honey – but only add this to the remaining dressing, not the marinade. See the recipe below.*
For the salad:
- 1 lb. Simply Nature Organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- about 8 cups Simply Nature Organic Mixed Greens
- 1-pint strawberries, de-stemmed and sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Emporium Selection Crumbled Feta Cheese
- In a glass jar with a lid, combine the balsamic, olive oil, Dijon, sea salt, and pepper for the marinade. Shake everything together well.
- Place the chicken in a zip-top bag or bowl with a lid. Pour 3 tablespoons of the marinade over the chicken and allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Add the honey to the remaining marinade and set it in the fridge and save for later, this will be the dressing.
- When you’re ready to grill the chicken, preheat your grill to medium-high heat, about 450-500F.
- Grill the chicken for about 12 minutes per side. The edges should be crispy and the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165F. Remove the cooked chicken from the grill.
- Let the chicken rest while you prepare the salad. You can either make one big salad or 4 individual salads.
- Add the lettuce to the bowl or bowls. Layer on the strawberries, cucumber, chickpeas, pecans, and feta. Then, slice the chicken against the grain and lay it on top of the salad or salads.
- Shake the dressing well again before adding it. Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry, grilled chicken, salad