These easy chicken fajita bowls are a cinch to make. Chicken thighs with peppers, onions, and fajita seasoning piled over rice with all the toppings.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (I used red and yellow)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 cups cooked rice (I use long grain, brown)
- 4 cups chopped lettuce (I like romaine)
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- guac…whatever you want!
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and peppers and saute until they soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Then, add the chicken and cook for about 8 minutes, until it’s totally cooked through.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring frequently, to coat the chicken and veggies. Remove the skillet from the heat, and squeeze on the lime juice.
- To build the burrito bowls, add about 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of lettuce to a bowl for each person*. Add in some of the fajita mixture and then top with desired toppings. Serve!
- To prep this ahead of time, avoid adding the lettuce until you’re ready to eat so it doesn’t get soggy. When you’re ready to eat, add the lettuce and toppings!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: fajita, fajita bowl, dinner, chicken