Perfect, classic cheesecake gets studded with chocolate chips and baked in bar form for easy serving and eating with these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars.
- about 14 graham cracker sheets (around 2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- optional chocolate drizzle: 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Before beginning, set all ingredients out on the counter to come to room temperature. This is very important because it ensures a creamy cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and put a large pot of water on to boil. When it reaches a boiling point, pour it into a casserole dish or oven-safe pot placed on the bottom rack in the oven. This acts as a makeshift water bath and turns the oven into a “steam room”, ensuring that your crust won’t crack.
- To make the crust, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar.
- Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish, and line it with parchment paper so you can easily pull the bars out of the dish when you want to slice and serve.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake filling, add the cream cheese to a bowl and beat with a standing or hand-held mixer for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Add the sugar and cream together for about 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until everything is mixed well.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl. Add the eggs one at a time to the cream cheese, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Mix until the eggs are totally incorporated.
- Using a spatula or spoon, fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the dish. Place the dish on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes. The cheesecake will be done when the sides look set but the center still jiggles slightly when nudged.
- Turn the oven off and prop it open a little bit. Allow the cheesecake to cool for an hour in the oven.
- After the hour has passed, allow the cheesecake to cool completely for 2-3 hours before placing in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, pull up on the parchment to remove the sheet of cheesecake. Slice into squares, cleaning the knife between each slice to get a clean cut.
- If you want to top the bars with the chocolate drizzle, melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave on 30-second increments until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate all over the top of the bars, allow it to set for 5 minutes, and serve!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 222 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 84 mg
Keywords: cheesecake, chocolate, chocolate chip, bar, dessert