A thick brownie crust is shaped in a springform pan and is filled with decadent peanut butter cup ice cream.
For the brownie crust*
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the pie filling
- 1.5 quarts chocolate peanut butter ice cream* (1 carton)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Begin by making the brownies. Line the bottom of a 9″ springform pan* with parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
- Beat the sugar into the chocolate and butter. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the lined pan, and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean and a nice crackle crust has formed.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- About 20 minutes before you shape the crust, remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften it.
- To form the crust, take the bottom of a measuring cup and press down on the brownies, pushing the excess up the sides to create a crust. You can use your hands, too.
- Scoop the ice cream into the pan on top of the crust, and spread out evenly. An offset spatula works well for this if you have one.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, melt the chocolate and 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a small bowl and in another small bowl the remaining coconut oil and the peanut butter. Add the powdered sugar to the peanut butter.
- Stir both the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth.
- Remove the pie from the springform pan and drizzle the chocolate and peanut butter all over. You may need to let the pie sit for a few minutes and run a knife around the edges to encourage it to come out of the pan.
- Slice using a knife dipped in hot water and serve!
- For the brownie crust, you can use a box mix, or you could probably skip the baking and buy pre-made brownies and then mush them into the bottom of the pan (note that these two methods have not been tested)
- You can use whatever kind of ice cream you’d like
- If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a deep dish pie plate, however, it will be much more difficult to cut the pie, so I recommend investing in one.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 small slice (12 servings)
- Calories: 554
- Sugar: 52 g
- Sodium: 263 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 17 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 67 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 92 mg
Keywords: brownie, pie, ice cream, chocolate, peanut butter