This Bourbon and Apple Cider Smash cocktail combines bourbon, apple cider simple syrup, cinnamon and thyme for a refreshing seasonal cocktail.
For the cider syrup:
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mulling spices
- about 5–10 fresh thyme sprigs
For the cocktail:
- 1-2 oz. apple cider syrup (depending on how sweet you want thr drink)
- 2 oz. bourbon
- fresh thyme for garnish
For the syrup (makes about 8 cocktails)
- Add the cider, maple syrup, cider viengar and mulling spices to a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and add in the thyme. Stir and transfer it to a glass jar and place in the fridge to cool for about 2 hours*. Do not strain out the thyme or mulling spices yet.
- When you’re ready to make a cocktail, add some ice to a cocktail shaker and fill a 5-6 oz glass to the top (I used a julep cup) with crushed or shaved ice.
- Add the bourbon, apple cider syrup and some extra thyme leaves to the cocktail shaker and shake for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail into the glass, top with thyme for garnish & serve!
- If you’re prepping the syrup ahead of time, after about 8 hours of cooling time, go ahead and strain out the mulling spices and thyme if you’re not using it right away.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 2 hours cooling time
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: bourbon, drink, cocktail, apple cider, thyme, smash