Looking for a fun salad? Try crispy chili roasted chickpeas with massaged kale & cabbage tossed in probiotic ginger lime vinaigrette!
- 2, 16 oz. cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- about 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 cup GT’s Living Foods Gingerade Kombucha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- about 5 radishes, sliced
- 1–2 tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Dry the chickpeas and add them to a sheet pan with the olive oil, chili powder, and salt
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until very crunchy.
- While the chickpeas roast, add the chopped kale and sliced cabbage to a bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine the kombucha, lime, maple syrup, and cilantro in a jar with a lid or a bowl. Put on the lid and shake or whisk vigorously.
- Pour about 1/3 of the dressing over the kale and cabbage and massage it in for about 30 seconds. Allow it to sit and soften while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cut up the cucumber, radish, and tomatoes and top the salad.
- When the chickpeas have roasted, sprinkle them on top. Dress the salad right before eating it and serve!