Try this quick and Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup for a fast, healthy dinner that’s packed with veggies and protein.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1+1/2 tsp. sea salt (more to taste, if desired)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used green)
- 2 jalapenos, diced (seeds removed if you don’t love spice)
- 2 – 15 oz. cans diced, fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 – 15 oz. can sweet corn, drained
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 32 oz. unsalted chicken broth
- about 4 cups crushed tortilla chips, for serving
- optional toppings – Greek yogurt/sour cream, cilantro, cheese
- Add the chicken thighs to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with the chili powder, sea salt, cumin, and black pepper.
- Dice the onion and pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Then, add the tomatoes, corn, black beans and broth.
- Cook for 4 hours on high (or 8 hours on low) and then remove the chicken and shred with two forks. This will be easy because the chicken gets so tender.
- Taste the broth to see if it needs more salt, stir in the chicken and remove from the heat.
- To serve, in each bowl put about 1/2 cup of crushed tortilla chips and spoon the soup over top. Finish with Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, scallions, avocado – or whatever you want!
- Serving Size: 1 cup - with chips
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 553 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg