This healthy gluten-free peach crisp recipe combines fresh peaches and a delicious crumble topping in a skillet. Make it in the oven or a wood pellet grill.
- about 6 cups fresh, chopped peaches
- 3/4 and 2/3 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter ( like to use grass-fed or ghee)*
- 1/2 tsp. pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven or wood pellet grill to 375F.
- In a bowl, mix together the spiced peaches, 2/3 cup of the coconut sugar, lemon juice, and arrowroot powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, crumble together the coconut sugar, almond flour, oats, chopped pecans, melted butter, and sea salt with your fingers. The mixture should stick together in clumps.
- Pour the peach mixture into the bottom of a large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet (I used an 8 inch) or a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, or until the peaches are bubbling around the sides and the crumble is a rich golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack until warm before serving. Best served with a dollop of cream (or coconut cream), vanilla ice cream, or Greek yogurt.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 136 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
Keywords: crisp, peaches, dessert, summer