This is the best Gluten Free Pie Crust ever because it comes together easily with almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour. Perfect taste and flakey texture.
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder/tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar (optional for sweet pies)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (or grass-fed butter)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture pulls together.
- Turn out the crust dough and form into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- When you’re ready to bake, dust your surface and a rolling pin with some tapioca starch. Roll out the dough to fit your plate or dish.
- If you need a pre-baked pie crust, preheat the oven to 350F. Pierce the crust with a fork and weigh it down with pie weights or dry beans so it doesn’t puff up in the oven. Bake it for 15 minutes, remove the weights, and then bake for 5-10 additional minutes until golden brown.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: pie, pie crust, gluten free, tart, dessert, dough, pastry dough