Healthy grain-free and gluten-free pumpkin muffins are moist and easy to make. The streusel topping takes them to the next level.
For the muffins:
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1/4 cup+ 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the crumble:
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter, beaten eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla extract well.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt. Incorporate well.
- Pour the batter evenly between lined muffin tins.
- Slide the muffin tin in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the crumble ingredients and one the muffins have baked for 10 minutes, sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Return the muffins to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back a bit when touched.
- Cool in the muffin tins for at leat 15 minutes before removing and cooling further or eating.
- Category: Breakfast/Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin muffin, healthy