You’ll love this light and fresh grapefruit cocktail that’s infused with rosemary and thyme and topped with soda water or seltzer. Try it with vodka or tequila.
For the grapefruit herb syrup:
- 1 and 2/3 cups fresh grapefruit juice* (about 4 grapefruits, juiced)
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
- 3 tsp. chopped, fresh thyme
For the cocktail
- 2 oz. grapefruit herb syrup, chilled
- 1.5 – 2 oz. vodka
- about 4 oz. grapefruit seltzer or club soda, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the grapefruit herb syrup.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cover.
- Bring the syrup to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, keeping it covered the entire time.
- Transfer the syrup to a glass jar with a lid, and chill in the fridge until cold.
- To make the cocktail, in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake together the syrup and vodka.
- Pour into a glass and top with chilled seltzer or club soda. You can serve up or over ice.
*if you’re short on time or making this for a crowd, you can sub store bought grapejuice. Be sure to get 100% juice.
To make a pitcher that serves 6:
- 1 batch of the grapefruit herb syrup, chilled
- 1 cup vodka
- 3 cups grapefruit seltzer or club soda, chilled