Showing you how to make the perfect paleo party platter to serve a healthy snack or appetizer at your next gathering!
For the cashew cheese dip:
- 1+1/2 cups soaked cashews
- about 7 Tbsp.water
- 1+1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3–4 dashes coconut aminos (soy sauce or liquid aminos if not paleo)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
For the party platter:
- cashew cheese
- 4 Paleo Valley Turkey Sticks, sliced
- 1/4 cup cashew butter – or nut butter of choice
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into sticks
- 3–4 mini bell peppers, halved
- about 4–8 dates
- handful of strawberries, halved
- handful of blackberries
- handful of almonds
- handful of cashews
- optional – kale for garnish
- Begin by soaking the cashews. Boil about 3-4 cups of water.
- Pour the water over the cashews in a bowl and let them soak to soften for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse*
- While the cashews soak, start assembling the board. Place 3 ramekins out – one for the cashew cheese, one for the almond butter and one for some berries.
- Cut the turkey sticks and the vegetables and strawberries.
- First lay down the kale garnish, if using. Placing the turkey sticks and dates on them – this makes these items pop.
- Next arrange the other 2 larger items, the cucumbers and peppers.
- Fill in with the berries and add some berries to their designated bowl.
- Lastly, add the nuts to fill any crevices.
- When the cashews have been soaked, drained and rinsed add them to a food processor with the water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Process until smooth.
- Pour the nut butter and cashew cheese into their ramekins and serve! Voila!
You can also soak the cashews in cool water for 4 hours-overnight.
This board is very flexible. You can use different types of nuts, fruits, and veggies!