This incredibly fresh jalapeno margarita recipe uses all fresh ingredients and a touch of agave. It’s the perfect “skinny” and spicy version!
- 4 oz. fresh lime juice (about 4 limes, juiced)
- 2 oz. fresh orange juice (about 1 orange, juiced)
- 2–3 oz. tequila of choice (I prefer Blanco)
- 1–2 Tbsp. agave (sweeten to your liking)
- 4–5 jalapeno slices
- crushed ice, for serving
- optional: fresh limes, salt and Tajin for the rim
- Add the lime juice, orange juice, tequila, agave, and jalapeno slices to a cocktail shaker (preferred) or glass jar. Muddle well to break up the jalapeno and release the oils of the pepper to infuse.
- If you’d like a glass with salt and/or Tajin on the rim, run a lime around it and dip the glass in salt or a mixture of salt and Tajin. Fill your glass with crushed ice.
- Add a few ice cubes and shake the cocktail together well. If you don’t have a shaker, stirring vigorously works, or use a jar with a lid to shake.
- Strain the cocktail and pour it over the ice in the glass.
- Garnish with a few more jalapeno slices and/or lime slices and CHEERS!
- For this recipe, I like using a juicer to make my fresh citrus juice quickly. This one is great.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Cocktail Shaker
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: margarita, jalapeno, spicy