Learn how to make the juiciest elk burgers so you can use up the ground elk meat you have. Some really simple tips and tricks will make these the best ever.
- Preheat a grill, cast iron skillet or flat top over medium-high heat.
- Add the elk to a bowl with the salt and pepper.
- Shape the ground meat into 4 evenly sized patties.
- Add a quarter of the grated butter to the center of each burger and fold it in half. Shape into a disc again, making sure all of the butter is now in the inside of the burger. Repeat for each burger.
- Place the burgers on the grill and grill for about 4 minutes per side or until they’re medium temperature (140-145F). During the last 2 minutes on the second side, add a slice of cheese to each burger.
- Serve with any desired toppings on a bun.
- You might want to grate your butter ahead of time and store in the fridge right until you need it so that it stays firm.
- Category: Burger
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 839 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: burger, elk, wild game