This late summer salad is filled with in-season fruits and vegetables. Tomatoes, corn, peaches, and peppers are topped with fresh basil vinaigrette.
- about 4 cups lettuce (I like romaine)
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 ear of raw corn, with the corn sliced off (carefully)
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the basil dressing:
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and top with the cherry tomatoes, peaches, corn kernels, and avocado.
- To make the dressing, combine the basil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender. Pulse.
- Turn the blender on and stream in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning level.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad and serve!
- To make a full meal, top the salad with chicken, shrimp or even salmon.
- This salad is great for meap prepping. Prepare the salad without the avocado in containers with lids. Blend up the dressing and store it in a jar with a lid. When you’re ready to serve, pour on the dressing and add the avocado slices.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: salad, summer, corn, tomatoes, peaches