This easy mango chicken curry recipe is made in just one pot and has SO many flavors. It’s an easy and healthy meal any night of the week.
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder (or cornstarch or tapioca starch)
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne – optional, for spice lovers only
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. grated, fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp. dried, ground ginger, but fresh is better)
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted, diced tomatoes (regular diced tomatoes are fine, fire roasted are more flavorful)
- 2 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups diced mango, fresh or frozen (I usually use frozen)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, etc, for serving
- Whisk together the arrowroot powder, curry powder, salt and black pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Toss the cubed chicken in the mixture so that each piece is coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and brown it, this will take about 7-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
- Then, add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and add the diced onion and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they start to soften.
- Then, add the ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes before adding the chicken back to the skillet. Pour in the tomatoes and chicken stock, being sure to scrape up all of the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. That’s the flavor!
- Then, add the raisins and the mango and bring the dish to a slow boil. Reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. If it starts to get thicker than you want it, place a lid on the skillet.
- Serve over rice or quinoa with cilantro and lime. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving (curry only)
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 35 g
- Sodium: 1167 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: curry, mango, chicken