All of your favorite ingredients in sausage and rice stuffed peppers in soup form. This easy, one-pot recipe is a breeze to make, hearty, and delicious.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Hatfield Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. Hatfield Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Begin by heating the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Tranfer the cooked sausage to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain some of the grease.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pot and cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, then add the rice, parsley, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, water, and the cooked sausage to the pan.
- Bring the pot to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and serve!
Add the sausage and brown until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1386 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 84 mg
Keywords: soup, sausage, pepper