Make these Paleo Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes for your next backyard party so you don’t have to turn on the oven or grill to have an awesome, healthy meal!
- 1+1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (or turkey or venison)
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 12 oz. tomato paste (two of the small cans)
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce/ aminos if not paleo)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- optional – 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Dice the onion and peppers and add all of the ingredients into a slow cooker. Mix.
- Set the slow cooker to 4 hours on high (or 8 on low). Stir occasionally to break up the meat.
- Turn the slow cooker off and serve on buns (look for paleo approved), over baked sweet potatoes or in a salad.