Make this Peach Blueberry Pie with Crumble Topping with ripe peaches and juicy blueberries. The crumble topping is sweet, crunchy, and buttery.
For the pie:
- Homemade or storebought pie crust – here’s my homemade recipe that’s perfect (This makes enough for 2 crusts.)
- 3 cups sliced peaches (about 4 peaches)
- 3 cups blueberries (2 pints)
- about 2/3 cup granulated sugar*
- juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. tapioca starch (could sub arrowroot powder)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
For the crumble
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (8 Tbsp.)
- If you’re making your own pie dough, start by doing that. Here’s my recipe.
- After making the dough, divide it into two discs, wrap in plastic, and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before you’re ready to roll out your dough, wash and dry your peaches and berries. Slice the peaches.
- Add the sliced peaches and blueberries to a bowl and add the sugar, lemon juice, and tapioca starch. Mix together gently to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out your pie dough. Press into the pie pan and place back in the fridge for 30 additional minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- When the dough has chilled again, pour in the peach blueberry pie filling.
- Place the pie plate in the oven and bake for 25 minutes before turning the oven down to 350 degrees F.
- While the pie bakes for the first 25 minutes, mix together the crumble ingredients with your hands or a pastry cutter until a nice crumble forms.
- Remove the pie from the oven after you’ve set the heat to 350F and sprinkle on the crumble. Bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool on a wire rack almost completely before serving so the filling can set up.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or both.
- the amount of sugar you need depends on how sweet your blueberries andpeaches are. For this pie pictured, I used just under 2/3 cup of sugar because my peaches were CRAZY ripe and sweet. If the berries are somewhat tart, or the peaches aren’t crazy sugary, use the full 2/3 cup
- Category: Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie, peach, blueberry