Fresh, juicy peaches are wrapped in flaky pastry in this easy Peach Galette recipe. It’s simple and easier than pie for a summer dessert.
- 1 unbaked pie crust – here’s my recipe
- about 4–5 ripe peaches, cored and thinly sliced (4 medium-large, 5 small)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder or tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
- juice of one lemon
- To finish the crust (optional): 2 Tbsp. heavy cream and 1 Tbsp. coarse sugar
- If you’re making a homemade pie crust, start by making that. If you’re using my recipe, you only need to make 1/2 of it, or you can make the full recipe and save the other half for later!
- Once your pie crust has chilled for at least 20-30 minutes, begin to make the filling.
- Core and slice the peaches. Add them to a bowl with the granulated sugar, coconut sugar, arrowroot, and lemon juice. Stir well and set the bowl aside.
- Preheat the oven to 4ooF. Line a large cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Roll out the pie crust on the parchment paper or Silpat (with it staying on the cookie sheet, this makes things easier) into about a 13in circle.
- Spoon the peach mixture in the middle of the crust leaving about 1+1/2 inches of room for the crust around the edges.
- Fold the edges up around the filling and slide the galette onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the crust with the cream and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes and bake until golden and bubbly.
- Allow the galette to cool fully (you can leave it on the cookie sheet) so the filling has time to gel together. Cut with a knife or pizza cutter when you want to serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 133 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: peach, galette