Classic peanut butter cookies get dipped in melted chocolate and are sprinkled with flakey sea salt. The flavor balance is out of this world!
- 3/4 cup Baker’s Corner Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup Peanut Delight Creamy Peanut Butter (use good, ole creamy peanut butter, not natural or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature Organic Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Simply Nature Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baker’s Corner Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Baker’s Corner Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups Baker’s Corner Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Nature Organic Coconut Oil
- about 1–2 Tbsp. flakey sea salt, according to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Start by adding the brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, peanut butter, and butter to a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixture.
- Beat until light and fluffy with a whisk, handheld mixer, or the paddle attachment of a standing mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla. Incorporate well by beating the mixture again and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt in a separate bowl and add the dry mixture to the wet.
- Mix until everything is just combined.
- Scoop medium-sized balls of the cookie dough (about 2 Tbsp. per cookie) and lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Add the remaining sugar to a small bowl and dip a fork in the sugar. Make a crosshatching design on the cookies with the fork, pressing down lightly.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes, or until they’re just golden brown on the edges.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Once the cookies are completely cool (you want them to be cool so they don’t break), dip them in the chocolate, lay them on a sheet pan lined with a Silpat, wax, or parchment paper, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let them harden in the fridge before serving & enjoy with a tall glass of milk.
- If you’re wanting a small batch of cookies, follow the directions until step 8. Then, freeze the unbaked cookies you want to save for later on a Silpat, wax, or parchment paper and then store them in a zip-top container. When you’re ready to bake them, simply add 2-3 minutes to your bake time and follow the rest of the directions! Cookies will last for about 3 months in a well-sealed bag.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, chocolate, peanut butter