This twist on the authentic, herby salad uses another super grain in place of bulgar. Quinoa Tabbouleh is light, healthy and refreshing.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 English or seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh mint
- 1–2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Add 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil to a saucepan and add the rinsed quinoa. Saute it for 1-2 minutes to toast the seeds. Then, add the water to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, turn the heat to low, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes is up, remove it from the heat, remove the lid and let it stand for 5 minutes before fluffing it with a fork.
- While the quinoa cooks, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, mint, oregano, remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- When the quinoa is ready, add it to the bowl (it’s OK if it’s still hot) and toss it together well.
- You can serve immediately, let it stand a room temp or chill and serve cold later. Serve as a side or use it as the base of a bowl. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean American
Keywords: quinoa, gluten free, tabbouleh, tabbouli