This Simple Paleo Blueberry Tart wraps fresh, juicy blueberries in a nutty almond flour crust that is packed with flavor. You’ll never know this is a healthier dessert and it will quickly become a favorite at the table!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cashew butter – or almond (I used homemade, so make sure to use a natural version)
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 room temperature egg, whisked
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cashew butter, coconut oil, egg, and salt. Mix well, using your hands if needed.
- Press the crust mixture into a tart pan, pushing it into an even layer and up the sides.
- Place the crust in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Add the berries, honey, starch and lemon juice together and mix well. Let this sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the tart pan and place the tart pan on a baking sheet. This keeps your oven clean if the berries bubble over.
- Bake for 32-38 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the berries and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least an hour, in the pan, on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
I used a 10-inch tart pan, but a 9-inch would also work. Your crust will just be thicker. This tart uses a lot of berries. I always overfill my fruit pies and tarts because they cook down and it results in a thick, perfect filling. Trust me : )
- Category: Dessert/Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 45 g
- Sodium: 72 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: tart, blueberry, gluten free, dairy free