Looking for a flavorful pasta salad recipe? Look no further! This Southwest Pasta Salad is packed with veggies, juicy grilled chicken and a kick!
For the grilled chicken (this is optional, you can do meat-free if you’d like!):
- 1 lb. Simply Nature Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- about 2 tsp. Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the pasta salad:
- 16 oz. Priano Bronze-Cut Pasta (I like the rigatoni or conchiglie/shells), cooked according to package directions
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced and de-seeded (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (15 oz.) can Dakota’s Pride Pinto or Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Happy Harvest Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can Casa Mamita Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Simply Nature Organic Salsa (I use the medium)
- salt and pepper, to taste, if needed (taste it after it’s all mixed together)
- Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat (450-500F).
- Then, remove the chicken from the packaging and pat it dry with a paper towel. Season with the salt and pepper and then drizzle on the olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 10-12 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of your chicken) until it reaches 165F internally at the thickest part of the breast.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken, bell pepper, tomatoes, jalapeno, green onion, corn, beans, and tomatoes and green chilies to the cooked pasta in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and salsa. This is your dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir until everything is well combined and distributed.
- This can be served warm or cold and can be stored in a covered container for 2-3 days in the fridge. Enjoy!