These taco style Instant Pot stuffed peppers with venison are a delicious way to use up ground venison meat. They’re easy in the pressure cooker.
For the peppers:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, diced into medium sized chunks*
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 and 1/2 cups water, for the Instant Pot
For the chipotle aioli:*
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup light tasting olive oil
- Start by making the filling for the peppers.
- Turn the Instant Pot to “saute” for 20 minutes. Add the olive oil.
- When the pot is hot, add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Then, add the jalapenos, and venison, and saute for 5 minutes, and then add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the saute cycle runs out.
- While the filling cooks, cut the tops off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- When the filling has cooked, spoon the filling inside of each of the peppers, stuffing them full.
- Clean out the inside of the pot, and return it to the Instant Pot. Place the rack in the Instant Pot, as well and pour in the water.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers on the rack in the Instant Pot. Put on and close the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” on high and turn the time to 5 minutes. Let the cycle run and let the peppers naturally release for 5 minutes, before performing a manual release.
- While the peppers cook, combine the egg, egg yolk, lime juice, Dijon, salt, chipotle powder, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, and cumin in a blender.
- Turn the blender on and stream in the olive oil slowly. The mixture will emulsify and turn into a delicious aioli.
- Serve the peppers with the aioli on top and any desired taco toppings – like lettuce, tomato, cilantro, avocado, etc.
- you could also use 3/4 cup of canned, drained, diced tomatoes
- for the chipotle aioli – if you have a mayo you like on hand, you can mix the lime juice with spices into 3/4 cup of it.
- Category: Main
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Serving Size: 1 pepper
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 594 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 315 mg
Keywords: venison, wild game, stuffed pepper, Instant Pot