A classic cornbread recipe you can make right on your wood pellet grill. Your favorite flavors with a kiss of smoke.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk (I use whole milk)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. – 1/4 cup honey – depending on how sweet you want it – I do 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 9 or 10-inch cast-iron skillet (you can probably use an 8, you may just need to cook longer)
- Preheat the grill to 350F.
- Once the grill has preheated, place the cast-iron skillet directly on the grates and let it get hot for about 10 minutes while you mix the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then add the milk, eggs, yogurt/sour cream, honey, and melted butter. Mix everything together well until it’s mostly smooth, but don’t overmix.
- Bring the bowl down to the grill and pour the batter directly into the hot cast-iron pan.
- Close the grill and let it cook for 28-30 min, or until it’s totally set and golden brown on top.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Wood Pellet Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of the circle)
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 238 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: cornbread, grill, smoker, traeger, wood pellet grill