Making this Traeger Grilled Cheese on a wood pellet grilled gives you a super crunchy exterior, melty interior and a kiss of smokey flavor.
- 2 slices bread (we like sourdough)
- about 2 Tbsp. softened butter, divided
- 4 slices cheese (we like Colby Jack best)
- cast iron pan
- Preheat the grill to 450F.
- Once the grill has preheated, place the cast iron pan directly on the grill grates and allow it to heat for 5-10 min while you get the sandwich ready.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with about 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Place one piece of bread, buttered side down on a baking sheet or plate and lay the cheese on the bread. Close the sandwich with the other piece of bread (butter side out) and bring it and the remaining tablespoon of butter to the grill.
- Place the butter in the hot skillet, and then lay the grilled cheese in the pan. Cook for about 8-10 min per side.
- Slice in half and serve!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Wood Pellet Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwhich
- Calories: 718
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fat: 50 g
- Saturated Fat: 30 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 110 mg
Keywords: grilled cheese, traeger, wood pellet grill, smoker