This easy recipe for Traeger grilled chicken thighs is the best for bone in, skin on chicken thighs. Use it for any wood pellet grill.
- 2.5 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. paprika (I love smoked paprika)
- Add the chicken thighs to a zip-top bag or bowl with a lid.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and allow it to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to grill, pull the chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 20 minutes while you preheat the grill. This is safe to do and ensures even cooking.
- Preheat your Traeger or wood pellet grill to 450F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it skin side down on the grill. Don’t rinse or wipe off the marinade.
- Grill for about 20 minutes skin side down before flipping the chicken and cooking for an additional 10+/- minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165F at the thickest part of the thigh.
- Rest the thighs for about 10 minutes before serving!
- Category: Main
- Method: Grill/Wood Pellet Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 958 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 112 mg
Keywords: chicken, grilled chicken, traeger, smoker, wood pellet grill, chicken thigh