These super simple Venison Fajitas will be a staple in your house. The easy cilantro lime marinade makes for a healthy & flavorful meal!
For the marinade:
- 1 lb. venison steak (flank, rump or skirt work well)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (1–2 juicy limes)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2–3 garlic cloves, smashed and roughly chopped
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh, chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
For the fajitas:
- 1 Tbsp. oil – avocado or olive oil if you don’t have that (sometimes I even use duck fat)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- tortillas, extra lime & extra cilantro (+ any other toppings you desire), for serving
- Start by slicing your venison steak into strips, cutting against the grain. Place the strips into a bowl with a lid or zip-top bag.
- Then, whisk together the remaining marinade ingredients and pour over the venison. Place the meat in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 1 hour, but up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the venison from the fridge to get it to room temperature while you prep and slice the onions and peppers.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the venison strips, cooking only for 2-4 minutes. The meat should be just browned and still rare in the middle. Remove it from the heat immediately as it is browned and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Next, add the onions and peppers to the pan and saute them for 5-7 minutes, until they soften. hen, add the chili powder, cumin, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Then add the venison and lime and stir again to coat everything with the lime juice and spices.
- Remove from the heat and serve right away with your choice of tortillas, toppings, etc. Enjoy!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour marinade
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: fajita, venison