Easy venison taco dip is layers of Greek yogurt cream, chili lime spiced ground venison with Pepper Jack cheese and fresh veggies.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- juice of 1 lime, divided
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese (it mixes easier when soft)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- optional – 1 sliced jalapeno
- chips or veggies for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the venison and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, pepper and the juice of 1/2 of the lime.
- Cook for 2 more minutes and remove from the heat.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, salsa, the remaining lime juice, and the remaining salt.
- Spread the yogurt cream mixture into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan.
- Sprinkle the venison taco meat over the yogurt cream.
- Top with lettuce and tomato.
- Add on the cheese and jalapeno if using.
- Serve right away or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican/American
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 156 mg
Keywords: dip, taco, venison, salsa