Warm quinoa, cauliflower and chicken with curry spices all tied together with slivered almonds and cranberries make this a perfect, quick, and easy meal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Add the quinoa to a medium saucepan with the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is fluffy.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat, and after 5 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa cooks, add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the cubed chicken to the pot and saute for about 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Next, add the chopped cauliflower to the chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the quinoa, cranberries, and almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- this keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. perfect for leftovers.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 653
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 1042 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 74 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 59 mg
Keywords: quinoa, gluten free, dairy free, chicken, curry