A perfectly balanced whiskey sour without sugary sour mix. This recipe blends whiskey, lemon, egg white (trust me) and maple syrup.
- 2 oz. bourbon whiskey
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice (about the juice of one medium lemon)
- 3/4 oz. maple syrup or simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker (with the ice).
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to emulsify the egg.
- Strain and pour into a coupe glass (or martini glass) and serve!
- Yes – you can make this without the egg white but no, it will not taste as good.
- I opt for a middle-of-the-road bourbon here like Woodford, Knob Creek or Bulleit. You want something pleasing to the palate but don’t waste your best stuff on a drink with this much flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Cocktail Shaker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whiskey sour, whiskey cocktail, drink, lemon