Easy, Thai inspired Whole30 Cashew Chicken Satay Skewers with Chili Cashew Dipping Sauce is the perfect, non-boring recipe you need to make for dinner.
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp. red chili paste
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not Whole30)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- about 8 wooden skewers, soaked
- cilantro and extra lime for serving
- Combine the cashew butter, red chili paste, pineapple juice, coconut milk, sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime juice, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce into a large bowl or bag and add the chicken tenderloins. Coat them all evenly and allow this to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour to about 4 hours.
- Soak the skewers so they don’t burn.
- 30 minutes before grilling, allow the chicken to come to room temperature on the counter.
- Skewer the chicken and preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side before removing.
- Serve with cilantro and extra lime.
- I use my homemade cashew butter which is pretty runny. If you’re using a thicker version, just add a bit more coconut milk, a tablespoon at a time.
- if you’re not Whole30, peanut butter would be lovely here, too!
- Fresh squeezed orange juice can be used in place of the pineapple juice.
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 189
- Fat: 20.5
- Carbohydrates: 13.5
- Protein: 25.2