Banana Blueberry Baked Breakfast Oatmeal is the most deliciously comforting gluten-free breakfast with bananas and blueberries baked into nourishing, filling and wholesome oats. Perfect for meal prep or a crowd!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 + 1/4 cups milk of choice (coconut, cashew, almond, dairy aka cow, whatever you want)
- 2 eggs, beaten*
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole rolled oats*
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries*
- Start by preheating to oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and add the coconut oil, milk, beaten eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk or beat together well.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, baking powder and sea salt. Mix everything together well. Fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into the lined dish and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the oats are golden brown and the mixture is set. There should not be any jiggling when the dish is pushed and it should appear dry on top.
- Let this cool a bit before serving immediately or placing in the fridge to eat later. If you’re reheating later, place a slice in the microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy!!!!
- I love making this recipe because I can cool it in the pan, slice it, and then freeze it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once it freezes, I store it in a freezer-safe bag and microwave for 2 minutes when I’m ready to eat it. It’s a lifesaver!
- I have subbed 2 Tbsp. of flax seeds mixed with 2 Tbsp. water (flax egg) for eggs with good results. This makes the recipe vegan friendly.
- I have subbed 1/2 cup coconut sugar for 1/2 cup maple syrup with good results.
- I have directly subbed quick cooking oats for rolled oats with good results.
- use 1 cup of any fruit, or diced fruit you like!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 169 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 64 mg
Keywords: oats, oatmeal, banana, breakfast, blueberries