For the orange beet juice
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 blood oranges
- 1/2 cup beet juice
For the cocktail
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. beet citrus juice
- 4 oz. tonic
- Turn the oven to HIGH broil.
- Halve the orange, lemon, and blood oranges and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the citrus in the oven on the top rack for 7-10 minutes, or until charred.
- Allow the citrus to cool a bit, and squeeze all of the juice from the halves. You should have 1/2 cup of juice.
- Mix the beet juice with the citrus juice. Allow the juice to cool in the fridge.
- To make a cocktail, add the vodka and citrus beet juice to a shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Pour into an 8oz. glass with ice and top with tonic.
- Stir & serve.