All natural color from easy to make Charred Citrus and Beet juice
makes these Vodka Tonics extra special and crazy delicious.
I have to confess my undying love for charred citrus. I mean it’s just so gorgeous.
Case and point. Vodka and tonics, not so much, actually.
Vodka just really isn’t my thing because I don’t LOVE the flavor of it, and I feel like most vodka drinks (besides the Moscow mule, love those) are really sweet, and that’s not my jam either.
These charred citrus and beet infused vodka tonics, however…now these I can get on board with. Slightly smokey, just enough sweet and flavor to take off the taste of alcohol and GORGEOUS, amirite?
Happy Valentine’s Day/Galentine’s Day! #treatyoselfPrint
For the orange beet juice
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 blood oranges
- 1/2 cup beet juice
For the cocktail
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. beet citrus juice
- 4 oz. tonic
- Turn the oven to HIGH broil.
- Halve the orange, lemon, and blood oranges and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the citrus in the oven on the top rack for 7-10 minutes, or until charred.
- Allow the citrus to cool a bit, and squeeze all of the juice from the halves. You should have 1/2 cup of juice.
- Mix the beet juice with the citrus juice. Allow the juice to cool in the fridge.
- To make a cocktail, add the vodka and citrus beet juice to a shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Pour into an 8oz. glass with ice and top with tonic.
- Stir & serve.