- 5 eggs
- 1 16oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2–3 Tbsp. instant coffee or espresso powder, depending on your preference
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 8 slices Alvarado Street Bakery Coffee Flour Bread – or whole grain bread of choice, cubed
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coffee powder, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Cut the bread into cubes and put half of it into a baking dish. Mine is an 8×8.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips on top of the bread cubes.
- Add the remaining bread and chocolate chips to the baking dish.
- Pour the egg and coconut milk custard over the bread, making sure each piece has been touched by the liquid. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the center of the bake is set and is not wet.
- Cool, cut into cubes and serve.