This Elk Ribeye Steak is tenderized with a cilantro lime marinade and perfectly grilled to medium rare. It’s topped with juicy, fresh peach salsa.
For the elk:
- 14 oz. The Honest Bison Elk Ribeye
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
For the peach salsa:
- 2 fresh peaches, diced
- 3/4 cup diced, cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos, diced (and de-seeded for a more milk flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Remove the ribeyes from any packaging and pat dry. Place the ribeyes in a bowl or a zip top bag.
- Mix together the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the ribeyes and place in the fridge for a least 1 hour or up to 4.
- When you’re ready to grill, remove the ribeyes from the fridge and let them come to room temperature while you preheat your grill.
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat or a wood pellet grill to 450F.
- Grill the steak for 3-4 minutes per side, or until about 125-135F, or rare to medium rare. Pull them off the grill and let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- While the steaks grill, mix together the diced peaches, diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, honey or agave, and salt.
- Serve the salsa over the rested ribeyes.