- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- the juice of 3 lemons, divided
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. pepper, divided
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I have used both full and nonfat. I prefer the full fat but either work.)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 4 flatbreads – I used THIS kind by Flatout (affiliate link)
- 2–3 cups arugula
- Add the chicken to a plastic bag or bowl.
- Juice 2 of the lemons and add the juice to the chicken. Add the olive oil, too.
- Mince 2 of the garlic cloves. Add them to the chicken with the Italian seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes. Don’t let this marinate too long – the lemon will start to cook the chicken.
- I like to pre-bake the chicken and then finish it on the grill. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for about 30-35 minutes; just until the meat reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce. Combine the yogurt, remaining lemon juice, remaining minced garlic clove, remaining salt, remaining pepper, dill, cilantro, and the honey. Mix together well.
- Preheat the grill with a medium flame.
- Take your flatbread pieces and lay them on the grill for 1-2 minutes a side, just to lightly char them with grill marks. Remove and set aside.
- When the chicken has finished baking, grill it for 2-3 minutes per side to create a char and rest it before slicing into strips or rounds.
- When you’re ready to assemble, spread the yogurt sauce evenly among the flatbreads.
- Layer on the chicken and sprinkle on the arugula evenly between the flatbreads. Cut and serve!