Learn how to make the juiciest chicken thighs right in the Instant Pot. It takes no time at all and you can sear, set it, and forget it.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2lbs. chicken thighs (I used boneless + skinless here)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saute” for 12 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add the oil, let it heat for 1 minute, and then add the chicken thighs.
- Sear on both sides, flipping about halfway through.
- Once the cycle finishes, add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the knob to “Sealing”.
- Select “Pressure Cook” on high pressure and set the cycle for 5 minutes.
- Allow the cycle to run and immediately perform a manual release.
- the chicken can be eaten as is, or it shreds wonderfully for salads, tacos, dips, whatever!
- Reserve the liquid from the pot & add it to soups or sauces once the fat separates from the top!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Dinner/Meat
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 578 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 141 mg
Keywords: chicken, instant pot, dinner