This is the best Pecan Pie recipe. It tastes like toasted nuts in caramel, but it doesn’t have any corn syrup and uses natural ingredients!
- 1 unbaked pie crust, here’s my recipe
- 1 + 1/3 cups of toasted pecans
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- When your dough is made and is properly chilled, put a skillet or pan on medium-lo heat.
- Add your pecans to the pan and toast for 2-5 minutes, or until they just begin to deepen in color and are fragrant. Be careful, these can burn quickly!
- Let the pecans cool while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the eggs, melted butter, pecans, 1 tbsp of flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and vanilla in a bowl. Be careful that your butter or pecans aren’t too hot so they don’t cook the eggs. Mix everything together well.
- If your pie dough isn’t pressed into your pie dish, do so now. Pour the pecan mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Slide the pie into the oven and don’t touch! Let it bake for 50-60 minutes and remove it when the filling is set in the middle and puffed up. It should still jiggle just a bit when nudged.
- This will take about an hour to cool, but you can make it a day or so ahead of your next event. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 31 g
- Sodium: 187 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 67 mg
Keywords: pecans, pecan, pecan pie, maple syrup, dessert, holiday baking, thanksgiving