Don’t throw away your radish greens! You can use the tops to make a delicious pesto to put over pasta, veggies or on sandwiches
- radish greens from 1 bunch of radishes (about 3-4 cups)
- optional – 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts*
- 3–4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh, black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1–2 Tbsp. water – or to preference
- After you remove the radishes from the greens be sure to wash them WELL in very cold water. Then, gently blot dry with a towel and lay them to dry while you build the pesto.
- Add the greens, basil (if using), pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Blend, scraping down the sides often. Add water to get to your desired consistency and taste to check the seasoning levels.
- Use the pesto over pasta, vegetables, as a dip, over salad greens or as a spread! Enjoy!
- Walnuts and cashews are also great in pesto!