Use up the last of the summer produce and create a Roasted Zucchini & Eggplant Baba Ganoush dip perfect for any backyard BBQs or Tailgate Parties!
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 c. tahini
- 1 lemon, juice + zest
- 1/2 Tsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. red pepper flake
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your zucchini and eggplant on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and slide into the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until they have cooked and softened and the skins start to bubble and brown. If necessary, turn the broiler on high for a few minutes to char the skin.
- Let the veggies cool and peel the skins from the cooked insides. Discard most of the eggplant seeds, and place the peeled zucchini and eggplant into a food processor.
- Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes and pulse a few times until combined.
- Turn the processor on and slowly stream the olive oil into the food processor. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides, if needed, and pulse again.
- Pour into a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with veggies of choice and or pita chips!
- za’atar seasoning also works well in place of the cumin for a twist!
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 1.3
- Sodium: 9.5
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 3.3
- Protein: 1.8