This super simple Rosé Spritzer is the perfect refreshing wine cocktail to sip on when you want something that’s both light and flavorful.
- 6 oz. rosé wine (I like a very dry variety)
- 1/2–1 oz. elderflower liqueur (optional)
- 5–6 fresh or frozen raspberries
- ice cubes
- 2–3 oz. seltzer or club soda
- orange slice, for serving
For the optional berry ice cubes:
- fresh orange juice (about 1/2 cup or so)
- ice cube tray
- If you want to make some fun berry ice cubes for serving, drop a few berries into an ice cube tray. Fill the cavities with fresh orange juice (no need to make a lot, 4-6 should do for about 2 drinks). Freeze until frozen, about 3-4 hours.
- To make the cocktail, add the rosé, liqueur (if using), and raspberries into a cocktail shaker or jar. Muddle everything together.
- Add a few ice cubes to the cocktail shaker or jar and shake for about 30 seconds, until cold.
- If you’re using the berry ice cubes, place them into your glass with an orange slice. If you’re not using them, a few regular ice cubes are fine*.
- Pour the rose cocktail mixture into the glass and top with seltzer or club. Cheers!
- While it is usually seen as a faux pas to use ice in wine, it’s fine in this spritz. I actually prefer these to be icy cold.