Using up sourdough starter is the perfect excuse to make waffles! The discard goes right into the batter for a fluffy and delicious breakfast.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar (or granulated sugar, I’m just choosing to not use refined sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sourdough starter discard
- 8 Tbsp. melted butter (or coconut oil, but the taste will be different)
- 1/2 cup milk ( I use whole milk)
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium heat (I put mine between 5 & 6).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Then, mix in the eggs, sourdough, melted butter and milk. Mix everthing together until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the heated waffle iron, using 1/2 cup batter per waffle.
- Cook until the timer beeps and repeat until the batter is gone! Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sourdough, waffle, breakfast