This chicken and potato bake recipe is made easily on a sheet pan. It’s weeknight-friendly but the flavorful sauce makes it a little fancy. The white wine butter sauce is optional, but highly recommended!
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 and 1/2 lbs Side Delights® Gourmet Petite Pure Gold Potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
For the white wine butter sauce:
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- To begin, preheat the oven to 400F. Get the chicken thighs out of the fridge while you prepare the potatoes so they can come to room temperature to promote even cooking.
- Next, halve the potatoes and add them to a large bowl. To the potatoes, add the garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, and the thyme. Toss the potatoes, and scoop them out of the bowl and onto a large, rimmed baking sheet. Note that you want to leave the lemon garlic mixture in the bowl.
- Then, add the chicken thighs to the baking sheet on the other side. Pour the remaining lemon garlic mixture all over the chicken thighs and sprinkle the entire sheet pan with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Slide the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and golden brown and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- To make the white wine butter sauce, remove the chicken and potatoes from the sheet pan and arrange them on a platter. Pour the white dine directly onto the baking sheet and scrape all of the bits of roasted potato and chicken from the bottom of the sheet pan.
- Place a mesh strainer over a medium saucepan and pour the wine and sheet pan sauce mixture over the strainer into the saucepan. Add the butter to the saucepan and place it over medium-high heat. Let the sauce come to a boil and reduce it to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce over the platter and serve immediately. Reserve the rest of the sauce for serving tableside.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 532 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 119 mg
Keywords: sheet pan, bake, potatoes, chicken, chicken thighs, white wine, lemon