This easy chicken and potato bake recipe is made easily on a sheet pan. It’s weeknight-friendly but the flavorful white wine butter sauce makes it delicious enough for a weekend dinner.
This amazing Lemony Sheen Pan Chicken and Potato Bake is sponsored by Masser Potatoes. As always, all thoughts and opinions remain my own, and I am proud to partner with brands I love. Thank you for supporting the growth of MAK.
Dinner is undoubtedly my favorite meal of the day. I like to make a loose meal plan for the week and each day at about lunch, I start thinking about what we’re eating.
There’s nothing better to me than sitting around the table with Jared at the end of the day. Sometimes (especially these days with a baby) we heat up leftovers and eat something super fast that’s thrown together. But on my favorite nights, we eat something a little bit more special complete with a glass of wine.
A total win in my book is when I can throw something together but have it feel a little special, too. This chicken and potato bake is EXACTLY that.
What makes this meal so perfect is that it bakes all on one pan. Minimal dishes, minimal active time, minimal cleanup time.
How do you make a one-pan chicken and potato bake?
First I grab all of my ingredients. I usually just get some bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and a bag of Side Delights® Gourmet Petite potatoes (available at ALDI which is where you guys know I do all my shopping). I love how rich and creamy these little potatoes are AND they’re grown right in PA! I always get the pure gold variety when I make this, but any of the Side Delights® Gourmet Petite potatoes will work perfectly.
I mix together a flavorful lemon, herb dressing that I toss the potatoes in and then pour all over the chicken thighs. Then everything goes on one big baking sheet and gets slid into the oven to bake.
The chicken thighs and the Side Delights® Gourmet Petite potatoes have the same baking time, which is perfect. That means, no oven dance – everything is perfectly crispy, golden, and delicious at the same time.
What’s with this white wine butter sauce?
You can stop right after you pull the chicken and potatoes out of the oven. The result is so flavorful and delicious.
But if you have company for dinner or you want to make it a bit more special, make the white wine butter sauce.
Remove the chicken and potatoes from the pan and place them on a serving platter. De-glaze the pan with some white wine and pour the pan drippings mixed with wine in a saucepan with some butter. Let everything get happy and reduced and pour over the chicken and potatoes.
It’s crazy simple, elegant, wholesome…what more could you want out of a one-pan meal?!
Love chicken thigh recipes? Don’t forget to try my Italian Baked Chicken Thighs!Print
Sheet Pan Baked Chicken and Potatoes | With Lemon Butter Sauce
This chicken and potato bake recipe is made easily on a sheet pan. It’s weeknight-friendly but the flavorful sauce makes it a little fancy. The white wine butter sauce is optional, but highly recommended!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 and 1/2 lbs Side Delights® Gourmet Petite Pure Gold Potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
For the white wine butter sauce:
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- To begin, preheat the oven to 400F. Get the chicken thighs out of the fridge while you prepare the potatoes so they can come to room temperature to promote even cooking.
- Next, halve the potatoes and add them to a large bowl. To the potatoes, add the garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, and the thyme. Toss the potatoes, and scoop them out of the bowl and onto a large, rimmed baking sheet. Note that you want to leave the lemon garlic mixture in the bowl.
- Then, add the chicken thighs to the baking sheet on the other side. Pour the remaining lemon garlic mixture all over the chicken thighs and sprinkle the entire sheet pan with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Slide the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and golden brown and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- To make the white wine butter sauce, remove the chicken and potatoes from the sheet pan and arrange them on a platter. Pour the white wine directly onto the baking sheet and scrape all of the bits of roasted potato and chicken from the bottom of the sheet pan.
- Place a mesh strainer over a medium saucepan and pour the wine and sheet pan sauce mixture over the strainer into the saucepan. Add the butter to the saucepan and place it over medium-high heat. Let the sauce come to a boil and reduce it to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce over the platter and serve immediately. Reserve the rest of the sauce for serving tableside.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 532 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 119 mg
Keywords: sheet pan, bake, potatoes, chicken, chicken thighs, white wine, lemon